We believe that learning should be fun, purposeful and challenging. Through our effective curriculum we aim to equip each child with the skills they need for lifelong learning. We aim to develop confident learners, who take ownership of their learning are proud of their achievements and are well prepared for life in modern Britain.
We believe that every child matters. Through positive attitudes and partnerships we endeavour to develop the whole child, meeting individual needs in a safe and secure environment where differences are celebrated.
We believe that all members of our school community should work together to maintain a safe, clean and stimulating environment which encompasses not only the learning environment and school grounds, but the surrounding area also. We aim to promote sustainability and an awareness of wider global issues through our curriculum and the links made with our local and global communities.
We believe that good teamwork and positive partnerships – with individual children, the whole class, our colleagues, with governors, parents and the wider community will lead to effective teaching, high standards and successful learning.
- Ensure inspirational teaching is informed by current educational research
- Ensure all pupils achieve their own potential regardless of barriers to learning
- Raise standards and accelerate pupil progress through quality first teaching, high quality marking and the effective use of academic targets and success criteria to offer pupils clear guidance on how to improve;
- Continue to recruit effectively (good quality staff);
- Have high aspirations
- An exciting and inspiring curriculum with lots of opportunities for visits and visitors and hands on experiences related to real life contexts;
- Excellent teaching in a fit for purpose environment that is well resourced;
- Responsive, pro-active and effective monitoring mechanisms.
Excellent pastoral care
Systematic staff development
High quality resources
Strong parental engagement
A supportive and highly skilled governing body
Astute financial management
Clear guidelines, policies and processes that everyone understands and follows.
Equality Objectives (Equality Act 2010)
Statement Our aim is to equip pupils with an awareness of our diverse society and to appreciate the value of difference. This will be achieved by adherence to the following principles:
- Discrimination on the basis of colour, religion, culture, origin, sex or ability is not acceptable
- Promoting racial equality, good race relations and challenging racial discrimination
- Ensuring that school is a place where everyone feels welcome and able to achieve their full potential
- The primary objective of this school will be to educate, develop and prepare all pupils for life whatever their sex, origin, class, religion culture or ability
- Pupils and teachers will further this objective by contributing towards a happy and caring environment and by showing respect for, and appreciation of, one another as individuals
- Every pupil should be helped to develop a sense of personal and cultural identity, in which they are confident and open-minded, and that is receptive and respectful towards other identities
- Every pupil should develop the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need in order to participate in Britain’s multi-ethnic society and in the wider context of an interdependent world
- To achieve an environment in which the varied experiences of the community can enrich the life of the school.
- To protect the rights of all pupils, parents, staff and visitors to school
- To acknowledge the existence of racism and being proactive in tackling and eliminating racial discrimination
To close the gap between all pupils and Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) pupils in all subjects.
- To ensure that there is no gender gap in terms of achievement.
- To improve attainment in phonics for Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) pupils.
- To raise awareness of Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural (SMSC) teaching across school for all stakeholders
For details of how we comply with the public sector equality duty please see our Policies page.